Friday, June 19, 2009

My Dad Bestest!!!


It’s also father’s day on my birthday this year!!! So how could I miss out on such a special occasion of writing something about my father!! I have always been gifting my mom, but dad I haven’t gifted that much, because he was away most times. When ever he was with us, we would do something special…
I remember one time, dad was coming home after a year I, my mom and my brother had renovated the whole house in 3 days…that’s it! We had changed wall papers; brought new bed sheets…table cloths…etc! He is very fond of all this, I mean he loves to have a beautiful house, also extremely clean and organized!!  Sometimes it’s hard for us to cope with this…but it’s amusing!
He has always been a guide, he never taught us anything, explained us the right things in the form of stories, even today if he wants to convey something to me, he puts it in a story and says it. He addresses us as his diamonds, in every single mail...and I love it! : P
He never said “no” to anything we wanted, once I was in a shop with mom and dad and we were actually shopping for my mom, but I (as usual) fell in love with this beautiful dress and I expressed it to them, with an expression as if I was okay even they didn’t buy it for me!! My mom doesn’t generally fall prey to my tricks, so she was very clear not to buy it for me….she knew I would not use it…..she knew me….and she was actually right, I dint need to buy anything actually. So we finally did not buy it, poor mom also did not buy anything for her! But then dad was observing me…my crooked face and fake maturity….so he just smiled at me and drove back to that shop and bought it for me!! My mom also laughed her heart out, when she looked at my pleased face!! :P
I haven’t seen a person who is
More Generous than him
More patient than him
More loving than him
More principled than him
More dedicated than him
He has beenan ideal son to my grandparents…they wouldn’t agree more too! Of course he is the best dad in the whole world!!! I love him so much and he is going to get two gifts, one of them too special….my mom is visiting him in Lagos this weekend …she will there for three whole months…..also we have sent a gift for him…..wont disclose now, he reads my blogs!! 
Love you baba….too much….more than you will ever know!

36 comments:

harshada said...

nice one, i agree that dads generally dont say no to their daughters :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Harshada,

Thanks :)

PULKIT said...

I read a blog by someone called poonam about an year back , in her first post she had thanked her dad for the numerous things he did for her!
this one is the second best post ever to have read on this topic...
daughter dad relation is really special... and all I can say that ur dad is also luck y to have a daughter like u!
:)
keep writing!
god bless ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey...Very touching indeed.!

Renovating house is the nicest idea to make someone's presence more special..i hope Ur papa got thrilled for such kind of welcome from all of you ..
Papa Neva say No to me..!Most of the gals strength wud be this..:)

Personally,i'm much more inclined to papa..so cud able to related everythg u have written here..

My lovely wishes to ur papa,and wishing you a memorable B'day in advance..!

P.S :I'am planning a surprise gift for papa..I got inspired now to make it big !

neeraj_only said...

Touching post ( like ur most blog entries )

bows bows bows ^O^ ^O^ ^O^
for this blog entry.....u r such nicee daughter

i wish i make my dad read my blog.....now i can't even explain to him what internet is .

Read more about my daddy in my father's day blog entry :)

Kavita Saharia said...

very beautiful sentiments.......you both are lucky to have each other.

vinny said...

hey thats such a cute pic yaar...the perfect expressions on both faces - the blessed Dad n his little angel of joy!

a sweet expression n Happy Fathers Day to u Sir (hoping u read this:)

advance birthday wishes, girl...may u have a wonderful time!

Arv said...

God bless him...

hope he gets to read this too...

have a nice weekend.. and advance birthday wishes :)

take care...

Ankita said...

hiii

nice post dear :)
we are lucky to have such doting fathers, there are pple who treat their fathers like animals and kick the out of the house after retirement :( that's shocking and very sad , such pple deserve capital punishment....

I read somewhere :

" if u have a dad treat him wid care
for u'll only know his value when u'll see his empty chair"

let me not talk anymore crap! convey my wishes to ur dad :)

oye is ur dad a libran or a capricorn???

Aditi..............:) said...

PULKIT,

thanks buddy!! Yes I know I am lucky to have him!!! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Kavita,

Thanks dear!

Aditi..............:) said...

Vinnie,
I dont think he reads comments yaar...I ll ask him to!! :P

Aditi..............:) said...

Neeraj,

Thanks Neeraj...I am waiting to read urs! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Neeraj,

Thanks Neeraj...I am waiting to read urs! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

vyshu,

thanks bro! yes he was elated when he saw the house!! :)
He will like anything we do for him..he is sweet!! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Arv,

Thanks...:) on behalf of him too!

Rià said...

wow!!tht was a downright sweet post. :) And i loved tht pic.

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Dads are the greatest!

:)

Aditi..............:) said...

Ria,

Thanks so much dear!!

Aditi..............:) said...

twisted Elegance,

I totally agree :)

Phoenix said...

awwwwww your daddy is one lucky guy.. and you are an adorble daddy's girl! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

Phoenix,

Thanks dear :)

aneeket said...

LOL... you haven't changed a bit in all these years ( I say this looking at the picture you posted )

Aditi..............:) said...

Aneeket,

Haha....is it!! :)

Me said...

That is a sweet dedication for ur dad and your relationship with him...

Wish u a belated happy bday too...

Chaitali said...

First thing soorrry have your bday missed buut im sure you must have had a rocking day. Pic that you have put up is precisely the CUTEST baby i have ever seen, you were cho chweet, wat happened now??jk!::) you still have a baby, angellic face...bless you and I loved that blog, you know I am your fan, I love the ease you find to express simple things in life...keep it up...and yes what was the surprise gift???

Mads said...

aww this is a very touching post...
shucks, missed ur birthday :(
happy belated birthday..and hope u had a blast!! :) :)
mast post... and seriously..dads dont get the credit and love they deserve =) =)

Suyog Shopurkar said...

ur dad is very lucky to have a loving daughhter like you .... :)
Suyog

Unknown said...

That was such a touching piece. Being away from your father for such long times must have been tough. A belated Happy Father's Day to your dad and and all ours... and lest I forget, A belated Happy Birthday to you. :) Keep writing and rocking.

Aditi..............:) said...

Harshita,

Thanks so much dear!

Aditi..............:) said...

Chaitali,

Hey babe thanks for the compliments as always you have always been generous to me.....thanks for your wishes too...well, the gift was a collage foto frame of mine amit's sanket 's and neha's fotos...:)

Aditi..............:) said...

Mads,

Thanks darling...:)

Aditi..............:) said...

Mads,

Thanks darling...:)

Aditi..............:) said...

Suyog,

Thanks buddy!

Aditi..............:) said...

Azoed,

Thanks Aseem, you have dropped here after a long time....thanks man! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

A S,

Soorrry for forgetting to reply to your comment....but i completely agree to you babe....:)